LuchaWorld Podcast Ep. #85! L.A. lucha legend Superboy returns to the podcast to talk about his career, his father's (El Moro) career, the importance of training, drug use in wrestling, & shares stories from his time in pro wrestling.
- Remembering some of the past names who wrestled in Los Angeles like Joe Teran, Great Chicano, Terremoto Quintero, Buddha Khan & Gran Coloso
- training at Gil's Gym in Los Angeles
- His father, El Moro, as a wrestler, promoter (in Guadalajara and in Los Angeles) and matchmaker.
- The "Becoming a Luchador" web series
- lack of training leading to injuries in pro wrestling
- The importance of training to become a good wrestler & how much time must be dedicated to it.
- Superboy's old Tijuana tag partner Alas de Oro who later became Violencia in CMLL.
- Thoughts on Mr. Niebla, Shocker & Felino!
- Heat with Pirata Morgan & El Satanico.
- Drug use in pro wrestling.
- the good and bad side of Victor Quiñones & almost becoming The Headhunters manager.
- Why he didn't go to ECW as part of the Michinoku Pro match at Barely Legal.
- Thoughts on Konnan, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Bobby Blaze and Super Dragon
- Plus, we talk about how we all started watching wrestling and finding friends that had cable.
Almost 2 hours!
The photo included is from an infamous legit fight that Superboy and the late Abismo Negro got into at a show in L.A. That story was mentioned in LuchaWorld Podcast Ep. #31.