Fredo Esparza is joined by Steve "Dr. Lucha" Sims as they discuss the formation of AAA and the first month of the promotion's existence. A look back at reasons why Antonio Peña, Konnan, Octagon, Perro Aguayo Sr. and several others left CMLL to start a new promotion.
Some of what we discuss:
- State of lucha libre back in 1992
- The wrestler's union strike in 1991
- Antonio Peña's role in CMLL/EMLL prior to leaving
- The eventual split of Peña and others from CMLL and formation of AAA
- What wrestlers joined AAA at the start?
- Octagon and Konnan's roles in building AAA.
- Konnan's rap album and TV appearances
- Most important luchador/luchadores that jumped from CMLL to AAA.
- Why go with the rather long name for AAA?
- Antonio Peña creates Volador & La Parka characters and who was suppose to fill those roles.
- Winners, CMLL's answer to Tijuana's rising new talent.
- AAA May 7, 1992 press conference
- Paco Alonso's reaction to AAA forming.
- AAA's first show on May 15, 1992
- Mexico's top draw at time El Hijo del Santo joins AAA.
- Televisa's involvement and AAA's initial TV deal.
- Names that didn't jump to AAA including Negro Casas, Javier Llanes, Rayo De Jalisco Jr. and more!
Over 90-minute show with all this plus tons more!