Kurt Brown (a.k.a. Vandal Drummond & Fredo Esparza are joined in this Lucha Clasica by Steve "Dr. Lucha" Sims as they look back at Atushi Onita & the FMW promotion co-promoting 2 shows in Tijuana & Los Angeles with Benjamin Mora's WWA. The trio also talks about Kurt's big mask vs. hair match against the Gemini Kid in Los Angeles.
Some of what was discussed in this episode:
- Vandal Drummond vs. Gemini Kid in a mask vs. hair match on 5/10/92 in Los Angeles.
- Kurt's thoughts on being one of the few wrestling writers/historians who can give insight in this type of match.
- Tijuana Promoter Benjamin Mora.
- Kurt & Dave Meltzer travel to Japan & stay at Wally Yamaguchi's house.
- Atsushi Onita in lucha libre. How he got involved & who did he deal with to work out these two shows.
- The WWA/FMW 5/15/92 Tijuana & 5/16/92 Los Angeles shows.
- Tinieblas without Alushe.
- Tijuana & Los Angeles fans reaction to the FMW talent and the weird mix in some matches.
- Dr. Lucha's disappointment that there would be no Onita-type match (Explosions! Barb Wire! Fire! Fire! FIRE!!!)
- Thoughts on the FMW women on the show compared to the AJW that everyone was more familiar with at that time.
- Los Mercenarios and those who wrestled at certain points in that trio.
- Lazer-Tron (Not Hector Guerrero!), Super Muneco, Ultraman 2000
- Kurt gets distracted by Reggie Bennett so he missed the Tinieblas semi-main event trios match in L.A.
- The Los Angeles main event of Hijo del Santo, Atsushi Onita & Tarzan Goto vs. Negro Casas, Horace Boulder & Tim Patterson
- The no-shows for those two events plus Rey Mysterio Jr.
- Negro Casas is in heavy demand as the top opponent to Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Hijo del Santo, and wanted by the LLI, CMLL & AAA promotions.
Fun 90-minute show!